WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
- This degree programme is designed in such a manner that a candidate has several exit options such as Diploma in IT at the completion of the 2nd year and BSc in IT at the completion of the 3rd year.
- Throughout the course, but especially in final year, you have the freedom to construct your own programme from a wide range of modules and graduate in BSc in IT with specialization in Information Technology, Interactive Multimedia Technology or follow a foreign degree programme with a partner university under study abroad option. This keeps your career options flexible, providing the broad base that most employers are looking for.
- Prepare yourself for a career in the IT industry through a mix of academic, professional and practical work, with opportunities such as industry collaborated professional mentoring support and internships.
- Minimum of one G.C.E Advance Level 3 pass in any discipline (Local/London)
- A pass in the Aptitude Test conducted by SLIIT Computing.
Note: Students awaiting results of the G.C.E Advanced Level exam are also eligible to apply.
Applications are invited for the Aptitude Test from candidates who possess at least the minimum requirements for admission to BSc in Information Technology programme. This test consists of analytical, logical and mathematical aptitude. Date and the venue of the Aptitude Test will be announced through the national newspapers. Aptitude Test will be held in Sinhala, English & Tamil Language.
Aptitude Test Date: Call us to book a Test Date on 0772 66 55 55 or 0117 54 3600
Time: 10.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
Venue: 13th Floor, BoC Merchant Towers, St. Michaels Road, Colombo 03
Note: All applicants should be present at the premises 15 minutes prior to the test.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates should send in the application form for “BSc in Information Technology” directly to SLIIT Computing. The form can be downloaded from the SLIIT website (www.sliit.lk) or should obtain from SLIIT Computing, No 371, R.A. De Mel Mawatha(Duplication Road), Colombo 03.
- Applicants are required to pay a fee of Rs. 1,000/-.
- This fee should be credited to either one of the following banks please:
|Bank of CeylonAccount No: 1630619In favor of: SLIIT Computing (PVT) LTDBranch: Bank of Ceylon Kollupitiya Branch located at the first floor of the BoC Merchant Tower Building or at any branch of the Bank of Ceylon.||Sampath BankAccount No: 0134 1000 1688In favor of: SLIIT Computing (PVT) LTDBranch: Any branch of Sampath Bank|
- The duly filled application and the bank paying-in-slip for SLIIT Computing should be sent to:
Student Affairs and Enrollment Division
SLIIT Computing (Pvt) Ltd,
BoC Merchant Towers,
St. Michaels Road,
Hot line: 0772665555
Rs. 135,000 ( + Taxes ) per semester.
* Instalment options are available.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology will equip you with the necessary skills and understanding to develop your career in the wider area of IT project development where practical web, database and multimedia skills are required. This programme will give the student the ability to critically evaluate, design, meet specifications, ascertain requirements, create solutions and communicate your ideas to other computing professionals/end users in the IT industry. The degree will nurture your development not just as an IT expert, but also as a creative thinker, allowing you to learn and explore through a combination of technology and imagination. This is a University Grants Commission approved study programme, conducted by SLIIT Computing, in association with SLIIT.
For those who aspire to be Software Designers, Software Developers, Systems Analysts, Business Analysts and Systems Administrators, media directors, video and/or audio engineers, graphic layout designers, interactive designers, interface architects, 3D web programmers, multimedia developers, multimedia editors, multimedia systems analysts, web designers.
In additional to your formal studies, we offer a number of optional activities, currently including participation in national competitions such as National Best Quality Software Awards (NBQSA), e–Swabhimani and Motorola Solution – SLASSCOM university competition. Moreover the students are given the opportunity to take part in conferences and publish in research journals such as IEEE Research Publication.
- Foundation of Mathematical Skills
- Communication Skills in English
- Skill Based Workshops
Year 1 – Semester 1
Year 1 – Semester 2
|Fundamentals of Information Technology||Data Communications & Computer Networks|
|Computer Programming Techniques and Practices||Systems Analysis & Design|
|Introduction to Programming (C / C++)||Object Oriented Programming (JAVA)|
|Business English & Communication Skills||Database Management Systems|
|Mathematics for Information Technology||Technical Communication|
Year 2 – Semester 1
Year 2 – Semester 2
|Web Development||TCP / IP Networking Concepts|
|Computer Graphics & Multimedia||Object Relational Database Management Systems|
|Computer Hardware & Operating Systems||Data Structures and Algorithms|
|Object Oriented Analysis & Design||Design & Analysis of Algorithms|
|Economics & Management||Information Technology Project|
|Specialization in Information Technology|
Year 3 – Semester 1
Year 3 – Semester 2
|Software Engineering Tools & Metrics||Distributed Component based Software Development|
|Computer Network Designing & Implementation||Marketing & Business Law|
|IT Project Design & Management||Software Quality Assurance|
|Comprehensive Design / Analysis Project I||Comprehensive Design / Analysis Project II|
|Modern Topics in IT|
|Specialization in Interactive Multimedia Technology|
Year 3 – Semester 1
Year 3 – Semester 2
|Technical Evolution of Multimedia||Games Technology|
|Digital Media Production & Animation||Games Programming|
|Design Ideation and Creative Communication||Product Publishing, Delivering and Marketing|
|3D Web Development||Comprehensive Design/Analysis Project (Multimedia) II|
|omprehensive Design/Analysis Project (Multimedia) I|